Tuesday, June 7, 2011

summer time...

"b-r-e-a-k," 2011

Hello friends,
It's summertime, and as many of you know, that means I'm sweating night and day. Seriously, I'm already wishing for fall because of this. Probably the coldest spring I can ever remember and then a 50-degree jump in a week. It's sweltering, I'm cranky, but I have good news. Shows, publications, and even music. Here's the rundown:

On June 21st I will be showing a few drawings at the Stage 773 Solstice Art Exhibit. It's a fundraiser that's part of a 2-week long event. The art exhibit is one-day only, and I'll also have some merchandise there for sale, too - t-shirts, drawings, postcards, and even magnets. There's a little info about the whole deal here, but not much on the art exhibit as of yet. Stay tuned.

On July 8th I will be having a two-person show with Morgan Sims at the Milk Factory. I believe the opening will be from 6 - 9 p.m. Morgan is an amazing artist, the Milk Factory is a super venue - it's gonna be a great night, so come enjoy it with us.

From July 29th - 31st, I will have some work in an exhibit curated by Emma Stein during the Milwaukee Avenue Arts Festival. Once I have more information on the location and hours I will post it.

In publication news, I will have a drawing in one of the next two volumes of Studio Visit magazine. I will also have a drawing included in the first issue of Brooklyn Art Project Quarterly. There are no dates set for release yet, but as soon as they are available I will be posting the links.

And, last, but certainly not least, English rock band Lux Lisbon have released their album, "Your heart is a weapon the size of your fist." I've contributed artwork for the album, and I must say, it's a bit of a dream come true seeing my work used for album art. When I was a kid I thought it'd be pretty damn cool to see that happen, and well, there it is. Proceeds of the album go to MIND - a mental health charity, which is a great cause worth supporting. You can "like" the band on their facebook page - give 'em a listen, they're gonna be the next big thing. And buy that album! It's sure to be a collector's item someday.

Oof...okay, I think I'm done with all the news. I've cooled down a bit, and I'm looking to stay that way. Until next time, my friends.
hugs,
-Nathan

No comments:

Post a Comment